Friday, March 27, 2009

Week 5 #10

I played with image chef. Here is the link.

I can imagine using image chef a lot for creative writing. I have quite a few fun pictures saved on my computer. Too many to load here. I love the idea of adding text to a picture found on flickr or a personal one uploaded. With just a simple sentence to start, students can really jump into writing. I think they will enjoy the personalization. I have used something like this with some apple software to some degree of success. I'd start small with just one class. I am not sure how to manage all the writing. I guess put it in a blog.

I played with jigsaw maker. That is fun. I am a puzzler and would like to do that. It looks like it costs to order the puzzles. Also, using kids pictures would require permission.

Loved word mosaic and think those would make really nice ecards to friends and family. Will try that.

I have played around with photobooth on the mac computers. A small group of fifth grade students and I distorted some pictures and uploaded them into our school yearbook which is designed entirely online. We've made photo collages and changed the shapes of pictures from rectangular to circles, stars, and even hearts to name a few. The kids love this. I think this type of activity would qualify for image generator. After playing around with image chef, I have more tools to tweak some more pictures and upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment