Thursday, April 9, 2009

Week 9 #22 E books and audio books

Free ebooks! I am Scotch and quite cheap so like how that sounds. I was in project Gutenberg and most things required a password. Needless to say, I didn't sign up. I'd like to read some of the Women's Writer collection. Also, the user friendly for kids is important to me. The children's books I found were older stories (some might say classics) but not totally appealing to young children. Librivox was quick and easy. Another e book site was 'Well Told Tales'.
Nothing really caught my attention. Our district subscribes to Tumblebooks and the colorful visuals with simple animation make this site a winner. Many students access site from home. I'll continue to explore some of the other sites for e books which may appeal more to young students.
On another note, how do I move the title in my header off the birds and into the middle. I tried to adjust this in the layout and must be missing something.

1 comment:

  1. You may also want to check out http://www.wizz-e.com a newly launched site for animated picture books for young children.

    ReplyDelete