Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Week 8 #19 Library thing




I enjoyed adding books to my account. Not all are the books are mine but most belong to people in our house. Web 2.0 is on loan and will be deleted soon. This catalog system was very quick and easy. I could not find one book (Moon Music)when searching so added the book manually. That took very little time. Several books are popular with other accounts and several had great reviews. I enjoyed reading some of the conversations and posts from readers. The Red Tent had a lot of positive comments. Most readers had similar reactions to the books I read. I searched by author, ISBN, and title for these books in order to catalog. It was great because it was so easy.
I also liked looking at similar books and took some recommendations from other accounts. My personal wish list increased. ;)
This would be nice for my personal collection. I am frequently asked about some of my favorite titles. With this, I can share my library with my friends. At work, teachers might like to have their classroom collection web-based organized. I am wondering how the public libraries use Library Thing. I looked at some of the sites but didn't quite find the answer.

2 comments:

  1. LT is a fun program....I also find the reviews helpful and have written a few reviews myself. I agree that the ease of mashing up is one of the real pluses of web2.0.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how Library Thing works in the public school?

    ReplyDelete